Monday, June 29, 2009

Learning to Love

Last week Michael Jackson died. A couple of people I know were talking about his death as he just being another person that died, then went on to elaborate that Michael Jackson’s life wasn’t as important as others people. I am not saying that I do not value the lives of the ones I love, but that Michael Jackson had an impact on more people that most people do. And because of that impact God placed me with a heart of compassion for him, his family and his fans. Yes I too am a former fan of his, but a greater fan of God. I love God so I am learning that in order to truly love God I must love my neighbor as myself. Yeah I am learning to love. You may say that, "i thought Christians are supposed to love people." and Yes we are supposed to love people, but we ourselves are learning to love and grow as a person in Christ. We have struggles too, we hurt, people hurt us, we have hurt others, and no there is no excuse to hurt others. God isn't pleased with that, but we are imperfect people that are being perfect by Christ, some quickly and some slowly but in the end, when we go to be with our Lord, then we will be perfect. Our first level is zeal. In this level we want everyone to get saved, but lack tenure in a walk with God. We get strong religious convictions on the next level. this is what i like to call the dogma. We tend to try really hard to please God, well i know this to be true in my own life. Then we get a revelation point, this is when we stop beating up ourselves and others and forgiving ourselves, this is also a maturing moment. You learn that just because you have received salvation, doesn't make you perfect, and that's where i am now. I am learning to say, God use me as you will. You know I'm not perfect and i know that as well, but God i am willing to be used in this imperfect state to please you. God help me to grow in a way that is pleasing to you. in this revelation process we are being broken and learning to truly trust God. God is real.

No comments:

Post a Comment