Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day

Wow, Father's Day was great, didn't get to spend it with my dad, but i was able to call him and tell him i love him and everything. I thank God for my dad. he has just changed so much! i remember when my dad was younger, had a lot to work on. But now my dad is very accountable with my step mom. Sometimes i wish that he would have been that way with my mom. But i have learned that all things work out anyway. My brother is being a really great dad now. God has changed so many things that i cannot even explain them all at once! I remember when some of my friends had turned on me and were really nasty and i didn't know why, but God allowed the truth to be told them by people that really know me, and they changed like that! People in my workplace that i have been praying for, I have seen GOD bless them in so many ways. One lady that i know in my heart had a really hard life, i prayed that God would change things around for her, even though she was nasty towards me, and He did! God heard my prayers and answered them. God is so awesome! And things in my life that i have been striving to do better in, i have found that if i cant get that accomplished, it is best that i pray and allow God to change me. I have been very hurt by the people i have been praying for and in some ways i have allowed it to give me a low self image. Sometimes i think even that i am not good enough or what i am doing so wrong that i am being rewarded with evil even with my striving to always do my best. But i am learning it doesn't really matter what others say about me or even to me, all that really matters is that i am pleasing God. Sometimes i get discouraged in always working to perfect myself in Christ, on the job, at home, in being a good steward over my body and the thing i have in possession. i am learning to encourage myself, especially when others hurt me. Sometimes i think that maybe what i desire for myself isn't as important as what others desire, but i am learning that what i desire is just as important to God as what others desire. As an intecessor, you put aside your own plans and take up what God wants you to pray for others and you put your own desires aside sometimes. Most times the very things i want for myself, i pray for others and that satisfies me for a time, but i still want God has for me. One time i thought that it was wrong to want something for myself. but when my Pastors, thank God for my Pastors, did a teaching called 'What's in it for me' i learned that God put it in us all to want better for themselves. i guess for so long i have been the one always giving until it's hard to recieve. like for a long time i have had a hard time recieving love, but not a hard time giving it. Isnt that something. Me a Christian, recieving the love of God but having a hard time recieving it from His people, yeah that's something that is definately on my agenda to work on, along with a whole bunch of stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment